Talim the Doberman: Saturday Hike

Today Talim, my Doberman, and I decided to spend our Saturday afternoon on an outdoors adventure. I hopped on my Schwinn and she jogged along beside me to a local wooded area with decent unpaved hiking trails. Keep in mind I live in Florida, so this is not any mountainous terrain, or even foothills. This is more of a forestesque and swampy walking trail. Picture dark moist soil underfoot, on either side viney palms and tall sand pines filling in any gaps.

There is a new shiney bike parking post where I dropped off my trusty Schwinn, and Talim and I headed off into one of the trails.The trail was dotted with beautiful flora, of course, and squirrels, 'coons, insects, mice, and all sorts of fun wildlife kept Talim on her guard. She dotted from side to side of the path, sniffing along excitedly.

Talim sniffed out a nice walking stick for me, so I cleaned it off with a disinfecting wipe (always smart to carry a pack) and began to trod forward after rewarding Talim with a little treat. We spotted a beautiful cardinal and even a blue jay, not together though. A squirrel made an amazing leap I would have not thought possible, even Talim looked surprised.

Before we knew it the path looped around back to the bike. I took a big gulp from the water bottle and gave Talim what was left, then we headed home. I kept the pace slow since she was obviously ready to tucker down. Another fun adventure with Talim, I'm glad she didn't take off after an opossum again!

1 comment:

James said...

Hi - can you post this Blog at The Doberman Pinscher Community at vorts.com? Our members will love it!
It's easy just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Classifieds, Photos, Videos, etc. It’s free and easy…
We are looking for contributors to share stuff with our members. Please help.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
http://www.vorts.com/doberman_pinschers/
Thanks,
James Kaufman, Editor